Breaking

Post Top Ad

Your Ad Spot

Thursday, December 24, 2020

Pokémon Sword and Shield: The Crown Tundra gave us a glimpse of the future of the series

Pokémon Sword and Shield: The Crown Tundra gave us a glimpse of the future of the series

Pokémon Sword and Shield were divisive games, there’s no two ways about it. Dexit - a phenomenon that pervaded Twitter in the lead-up to the game’s release - was the subject of the most aggressive arguments surrounding the fact that not every Pokémon would be available in Generation 8.

When the game eventually came out late last year, it was subject to many more criticisms - some fair, and some less so. However, I instantly fell in love with the Wild Area, a vast open-world space to roam with Pokémon. Freed from the constraints of Pokémon’s iconic -and some may say, archaic - route structure, I ventured off to forge my own path in the Galar region.

Immediately, I wandered too far and was thoroughly stomped on by a wild Drifblim that vastly outleveled my meagre early-game team. This upset my Sobble no end, but I couldn’t have been happier. I was free to explore, to choose my own journey, and to get royally trounced by wild Pokémon - it felt like a real Pokémon adventure.

RELATED LINKS: Pokemon Sword and Shield: The Crown Tundra review, Where to find Crown Tundra Legendary Pokemon, Crown Tundra Swords of Justice locations

read more...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post Top Ad

Your Ad Spot

Pages